Updated September 2, 2021
The Morris Multiplex Arena is committed to ensuring a safe experience for everyone visiting the facility. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to meet the requirements mandated by the most recent Manitoba Public Health Orders.
-The Manitoba Health Orders require all individuals to be fully vaccinated to enter the Morris Multiplex Arena. This includes all parents, coaches and spectators.
- PARTICIPANTS under 18 years of age
- SPECTATORS under 12 years of age
Individuals will be required to show proof of full immunization and Manitoba-issued identification prior to entering the facility.
Exempt are individuals with an exemption from vaccination issued by the Government of Manitoba.
Masks are REQUIRED in all areas of the facility
- Masks may be removed when engaged in physical activity on the ice surface.
Facility and Spectator capacity is 50%
- Lobby, Dressing Room and Spectator Seating capacity is clearly marked throughout the facility – users must follow at all times
Physical distancing of 2 meters (6 feet) is required inside the facility at all times.
Participants are asked to stay in the assigned dressing room until their scheduled ice time.
Arrival & Building Exit
Participants will have access to the facility 45 minutes before their scheduled ice time for practices / general bookings and 1 hour before games, no earlier
Participants are asked to exit the facility 30 minutes after ice rental ends.
Parking and Entrance
Parking is located to the WEST of the parking lot – it is no longer in the back lane
The Multiplex Parking Lot is currently under construction and NOT accessible.
Access to the facility is from Highway 75 ONLY as highway 23 is also under construction.
Entrance to the facility is still through the 6 front doors in the front
Any user found not complying with the above-stated protocols or any of the Public Health Acts applicable to the facility will be asked to leave immediately, with no refund issued.
Southdale Community Center
ARENA RETURN TO PLAY PROTOCOL
amended September 22, 2021
In response to Manitoba's RESTORING SAFE SERVICES — amended Public Health Orders 07 Sep 2021
Southdale Community Centre continues to adapt to a phased reopening. All users are responsible to follow these guidelines as outlined based on strict public health orders. Operations will be continually reviewed in conjunction with current and future provincial mandates.
HEALTH SCREENING BEFORE ENTERING FACILITY
Anyone attending Southdale must use the provincial self-screening tool prior to arrival. https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/. Staff who are sick will not attend work. Users that do not pass the screening are not to attend. Individuals at higher risk of illness should not attend.
ENTRY INTO THE FACILITY
Admission into the facility is limited to persons that are fully immunized, at least 14 days after their second COVID-19 vaccine. Attendees must produce proof of vaccine status with a digital QR code or immunization card for scanning, along with a photo ID. Those unable to provide proof as outlined will be ineligible for entry. Exceptions are as follows:
- Youth participants under the age of 18 attending for sport or recreational programming.
- Youth under the age of 18 attending the facility accompanied by a fully immunized adult.
- Persons who provide proof from the Government of Manitoba that there is a medical reason to not receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Groups utilizing the hall with no access to the main facility, attending for a booking not related to sport, recreation, BINGO, or licensed event.
- Face masks are required in the facility and must cover the mouth and nose. Participants may remove masks while engaged in an athletic activity but masks must remain on in the change rooms. Masks remain on properly for off-ice warmup. Spectators may only remove masks if actively eating/drinking.
- Absolutely NO Spitting at any time. No horseplay. No food in dressing rooms. No sharing supplies. Microphones will not be provided. Showers discouraged.
- Participants should yield to user groups going to/coming from scheduled ice times.
- Participants are not to attend earlier than 30 minutes prior to scheduled ice times or 5 minutes prior to fitness center use. Coach/instructor must be present prior to team entry.
- No spectators are to attend into the dressing room area. Players and coaches only, unless essential. Only one guardian is to attend the dressing room area for young players.
- Users must vacate dressing rooms no later than 30 minutes after ice time. One coach must wait until the last player has departed.
FACILITY MAINTENANCE AND SANITIZATION
Southdale Community Centre is dedicated to the safety of our users and staff. Protocols and procedures remain in place to maintain provincial standards to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring signage to educate patrons of physical distancing, hand hygiene, and cough etiquette.
- Providing hand sanitizer at the entrance and throughout the facility.
- Increased frequency of cleaning in washrooms and high traffic areas.
- Sanitization of dressing rooms, benches, and access points between group blocks.
- Monitoring facility operations closely to ensure provincial guidelines are met.
Ed Golding (East End ) Arena
East End(Ed Golding) Arena Public Health Protocols:
must wear mask while
in the facility - players masked even in dressing rooms until they enter
ice to play.
staff will provide hand sanitizer to everyone as they enter rink
aged 12 to 18 and players 18 and older entering rink must be double
vaccinated and provide vaccination proof and photo id
are allowed in rink 30 min prior to warmup and must go directly to change
room (1:00pm for 1:30 warmup or 7pm for 7:30pm warm up)
with may enter rink once warm up begins 1:30 for 2pm game and 7:30 for 8pm
Go directly into the rink and not congregate in foyer.
will be open but No congregating in foyer will be allowed, must take
coffee/food to seats in rink.